CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
All Because two people fell in love

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pioneer Days!
Another Pioneer Day has rolled around and it always takes me back to that first pioneer day that I went to with Steve. Meeting his Grandma Janie and meeting with family after the parade to got eat lunch together. Then later meeting Uncle Edward Lee at the rodeo.
How much things have changed.... it seems like every year we go back we have a new baby in toe. Every morning I scramble around trying to find a matching pair of boots for the kids to wear and maybe a cowboy hat. This time, I still have a little one but now my little one is 19 mo. old she is able to sit and clap and pick up a piece of candy here and there, so I am able to take in my surroundings a little more.
I never want to forget the way Brady points out every tractor and horse with excitement at the parade, or Mollie's face riding the little train with her big sister at the carnival. Mattie's wide eyed face as she comes down the big slide on the gunny sack, so proud that she did it herself!
Mattie and Brady bringing me rock after rock saying" here's another good skipper" as I attempted to skip them my best across the pond. Steve at all times having someone up on his shoulders, and loving every minute of it. It was a special day! We all had a ball and now the family sleeps while mommy tries to jot down some of these precious times.

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda! I loved reading your blog! It was nice to hear about what you guys are doing since we do not get to see each other often!

    I have many favorite memories of you growing up...like how we used to get mad when you would come home for the weekend or summer and then go out with friends, playing school (Mrs. Brett), the way you could make up the most amazing stories for us at night, your excuse to pic your nose (thanks mammaw), how your toots smelled like toots and make-up mixed, and how you listened to what i said even when i was a child (breaking up with a guy cause he couldnt toot), i could go on forever...those are just a few that come mind now! I love you Rhondy Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job, Rho Rho. You'll be so glad to have your memories down on "paper"!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete